Monday 25 May 2015

Parents.... much more than a title!


Mother’s Day and Father’s Day cannot define what a parent or parents mean to you. They are your shoulder, the supporter, the extra strength, the pillar, even when you think you’re all alone, they’re standing in the shadows always. Nine months a mother and father waits for the life they have created, they love this child unconditionally, without ever holding them or seeing them, there’s a feeling, a sense of belonging. Its magical, the relationship of a child and their parents. 

I think the words parents and God go hand in hand. In each parent, resides the supreme, God cannot possibly soothe your ache or wipe away a tear. Parents are there to do this and so much more, and they do it without asking for anything in return.The strength of a parent is never to be underestimated. With just a kiss or hug in happiness or sorrow, a compliment on a good or bad day, standing up for you when something goes wrong, giving you a pat on the back, words of encouragement or scoldings to steer you in the right direction. They became your life, your guide, your motivator, your everything! In happiness or sadness, they never leave your side.

Being a parent is something so pure and there’s so much responsibility to mold this new human being into a good person in society. Parenthood stems much further than the moment of conception to adulthood, no matter what age a child is, they will always be protected and loved just like the first moment their parents first swore to protect and love you to double infinity. There’s no explanation to why parents care so much, the only thing that can be said is you only know why when you are a parent yourself. 

The sacrifices, struggles, pain… I just hope one day I can do everything I can to show my parents how much I love them and appreciate everything they have done for me. Knowing that I can never repay what they have gifted me, the gift of existing and having everything I need. I hope being a good daughter to such wonderful parents, is a blessing. My greatest fear is losing them... that is something I don’t know how I’ll survive. I know the cycle of life must go on, but how do you function without the key to your life? They are the reason I breathe, without them I am a blank canvas. They paint my life in rainbow colours. Love your parents before it becomes too late.... appreciate them, listen to them, understand them. They are the light when darkness consumes you, never let that light wither away. 


It is only fitting to end with one of my favourite lines on parents from a movie. 

"In life, if you ever want to be something, win something, or get something, then always listen to your heart. But if you don't get a signal from your heart, then close your eyes and say your mom and dad's names, then watch, you will achieve every goal, every obstacle will become easy, and the victory will be yours... only yours..."
(Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham)




Sincerely,
Sarita

No comments:

Post a Comment