Wednesday 25 February 2015

Introduction: Butterflies, smiles & rainy days!

My name is Sarita, I'm 18 and I live in Trinidad. I've longed to create a blog for months now, somewhere to share my thoughts with the world. Conceptualizing the title of my blog was a long ordeal, evidently I wanted the title to be something I could identify with. I will share why and how I came up with this unique name.
Essentially, butterflies hold a special place in my heart, I love making people smile and lastly rainy days... they stand for those days when things aren't going your way and you need a few lines of inspiration, a little positivity amidst the negativity swarming you, to know that things will be alright. The storm will pass.


Butterflies

Last year while waiting on my ride home after the Achievement Day Ceremony at my school, where I was awarded; a pretty butterfly landed on my certificate...


Butterflies fascinate me, once as a caterpillar, they build a cocoon around themselves where they undergo so many changes, a complete transformation; then finally emerging as a butterfly.
Where once as caterpillars they could only dream of lifting off the ground, now as butterflies, they themselves soar in the skies living their dream.

 Butterflies are inspirational, they stand for who we all are. We all have dreams to be someone, something, we work towards our goal and when we are successful we are the butterflies, spreading our wings and soaring high, no limits, no boundaries... we are free!

Its considered good luck and you'll have visitors when you see a butterfly. Whenever I see a butterfly, a smile automatically forms on my face, a warmth fills within, and finally a fascination of their different shapes, colours and patterns ensues.



Smiles

"Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile for." - Marilyn Monroe

There's a warmth that showers over you when you make someone smile. Its an indescribable feeling. 
 Have you ever noticed a stranger in their own world smiling, it easily puts a smile on your face. Smiling is indeed contagious and infectious, once you're at it, you just cannot stop. You never know, smiling at someone can make that person's day. Maybe they needed that smile, a little happiness to get through their day. One little smile. Its a simple and selfless deed to do. Smiling, its not a task or a job, its just a sweet gesture from the warmth of your hearts. Smiles go miles and miles for there's no measure for smiles.




Rainy Days


The pitter patter against the window pane is like sweet music to my ears. Gloomy skies, sappy lawns, muddy paths... I embrace it all, nature is so beautiful and remarkable, that sometimes I just sit back and stare in amazement. The feeling of laying in bed all day under a blanket watching your favourite movies or television shows... its all heaven while its the weekend or your day off. But when these rainy days fall on Monday through Friday, its not the best thing ever anymore. You cringe at the thought of going to school or work in such weather while you would rather be at home.  Its not exactly an option to skip either school or work, there is really no 'best' option. Though there are two sides to everything, either be positive or be negative. Its ideally your choice to decide which path you would rather trek on. Personally I would sigh and dread upon going to school in the rainy weather like everyone else but evidently I look for any positive reasons to get through the day. On the bright side of this rainy day, it will be cooler, I might get to see a rainbow. I can hear the sound of the lovely rain. I will be able to see the sky embracing and showering the land beneath through the raindrops that pour.

On the other hand, rainy days also signify that in life... its not always about sunny bright days, there comes a time, a day, a minute when you feel down or you just do not have any positivity left. It is completely normal to feel like this... after all we're all human. But how you handle yourself and how you bring yourself to feel positive is also important. After the rain, a beautiful rainbow emerges, painting the dull sky with colour. During your own rainy day, you should remember that your rainbow is waiting for you... so do not sulk over your rainy day, enjoy it... to be able to enjoy your rainbow.



Sarita,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment